POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Where are the suggestions in this news group? : Re: Where are the suggestions in this news group? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:13:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where are the suggestions in this news group?
From: Phil Cook
Date: 24 Jan 2008 12:29:06
Message: <op.t5f2veiyc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Thu, 24 Jan 2008 04:52:24 -0000, Saul Luizaga
<sau### [at] netscapenet> did spake, saying:

> Is 2 weeks,let me put it this way:
>
> I use SeaMonkey Mail&News Groups, I didn't had off-topic set to download
> the messages I had to see them online only, after a few days I set today
> to download the messages and since it only had the headers couldn't
> download the body for messages 2 weeks before today, so, SeaMonkey
> Mail&News Groups started to delete those headers, proving the servers
> time limited storage. I hope this is clear enough.

I'll put it this way, Opera doesn't keep a local cache of the body just
the headers (except my own posts). I can read as far back as this

From: "scott" <sco### [at] laptopcom>
Newsgroups: povray.off-topic
Subject: Re: A question of pure mathematics
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 08:55:44 +0100
<snip>

the item before is

From: "Tim Attwood" <tim### [at] comcastnet>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 22:28:26 -0000
Newsgroups: povray.off-topic

which is from my local cache of headers. No body text is available.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com