POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Web design IE mysterium : Re: Web design IE mysterium Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:11:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Web design IE mysterium
From: Phil Cook
Date: 22 Jan 2008 12:02:58
Message: <op.t5cb7mh0c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Tue, 22 Jan 2008 11:15:59 -0000, Ian Burgmyer
<spe### [at] gmailcom> did spake, saying:

> Phil Cook wrote:
>> To give it a physical viewpoint if you're moving small bags around it's
>> easy to do it by hand; if you're moving pallets then you want to use
>> the forklift. Then you discover the forklift's too tall to fit through
>> the door of one of the warehouses. So either you stop ordering things
>> by pallets because of one awkward door, or you may be able to use a
>> pallet truck for this one warehouse. Either way it's a hassle and you
>> don't get things quite the way you'd want them.
>
> Physical viewpoints require thinking in terms of physical labor.  Screw
> that. ;)

Heh, but it helps some people.

> Think about it from my perspective, though.  If I were an experienced
> web designer that knew of most of the quirks that IE had and how to
> easily write around them, I probably wouldn't have complained about it
> in the first place.

Yeah if you're experienced in using the pallet truck it's annoying, but
you can do it. You don't like having to use it, but it's not a major
hardship; then...

> However, as someone who isn't a big fan of doing web design (mostly
> because of such quirks, really), I would much prefer it if it just
> worked so I could get the stinking page online without having to deal
> with any workarounds or hacks.

...on the other hand you get those who've only used the truck being shown
how to use the forklift and then moaning that it doesn't fit under the
doors they've taken for granted as being the right height, there's too
many controls, etc.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com