POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : There comes a time... : Re: There comes a time... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: There comes a time...
From: Phil Cook
Date: 7 Feb 2008 05:19:20
Message: <op.t55f7zcyc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Wed, 06 Feb 2008 19:54:28 -0000, Nicolas Alvarez
<nic### [at] gmailisthebestcom> did spake, saying:

>>  I mean seriously I've listened to friends talking about upgrading
>> their entire computer to get more speed out of a game or something when
>> all they need to do is switch the video card (or *to* a video card
>> rather then the MB GPU). To them the computer is a lump like a
>> television, opening the case doesn't occur to them and I don't think
>> they'd be enthused by what they'd find if they did.
>
> And that's good for us geeks who then find their old computer on their
> trash.

Unless you get arrested for theft. Besides computers are covered under
WEEE you can't just dump them in the trash anymore; they have to be
disposed of at the correct centres.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com