POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : There comes a time... : Re: There comes a time... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: There comes a time...
From: Phil Cook
Date: 7 Feb 2008 05:17:22
Message: <op.t55f4qvac3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Wed, 06 Feb 2008 19:35:09 -0000, Gail Shaw sa dot com>
<"<initialsurname"@sentech> did spake, saying:

> "Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote in message
>> Seriously can you imagine if a non-tech tried
>> to do this, imagine if they had to play match the wires for every USB
>> device they plugged in. Oops silly me all this is detailed in the case
>> manual... now what did I do with that?
>>
> Hehe. Great fun.

Indeed despite the fact that both you and I know what we're doing, it just
shouldn't be this way in an industry that (used to) expect self-upgrading.

> I'm doing a major upgrade of my machine at the end of this month, and I'm
> considering getting it put together for me. I can assemble a computer and
> I've done it a number of times. It just takes so long.

There's that fast-food analogy again :-) Unless it's restaurant-type
quality.

> Also I usually end up
> with more scratches from the case than I get from my cats in a month.

In all fairness, except for that heatsink, the number of scratches and
pinches were inconsequential, but it wasn't a complete rebuilding.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com