POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Music selection : Re: Music selection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 21:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music selection
From: Phil Cook
Date: 6 Feb 2008 06:13:13
Message: <op.t53nyyvcc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Wed, 06 Feb 2008 10:14:45 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

> scott wrote:
>
>> Best invention ever - I would never get a car that wasn't capable of
>> playing MP3s now.  Most new cars have some option for getting MP3s in
>> to it, either through the CD player, USB socket or memory card socket.
>> Car designers realise that everyone has portable music players and MP3s
>> now...
>
> Hmm, I must be living in a different world or something...

Ya think?

> In the world where I live, people buy second hard cards that are about
> 20 years old. And even that is cripplingly expensive. When I was a kid,
> my family went through old wrecks at a prodigious rate. Nobody in my
> family has ever owned a "new" car. They're just too expensive.
>
> And then, about 4 years ago, I purchased the newest car that anybody I
> know has ever had. It was 3 years old. It's so new, in fact, that it has
> *metalic* paint.

To make it look all pretty.

> And electric windows.

Actually I don't like electric windows, the only advantage to them I see
is when you're squashed up in a car you're not jammed up against the
turning handle.

> And power steering.

Still amused my teeeny tiny car has power steering.

> And ABS. It  even has *air bags*.

Woah advanced stuff indeed :-P

> As far as music goes, most cars come with an AM radio. With mechanical
> tuning buttons. (You know, "radio buttons"?) If you're lucky they have
> FM as well.

Um as Scott points out I've never seen a car-radio without an FM button .

> And if it's a really expensive car, there might be a tape deck.

No if it's a normal car it'll have a CD player, though mine has a tape
deck which doesn't bother me as I rarely play music when driving (except
when trying to remember the name of an Enya song).

> My current car is unique in that it can play *CDs*. In fact, it has a
> *six* disk changer in the boot. Advanced!

Meh takes up boot space.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com