POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Game opinions : Re: Game opinions Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Game opinions
From: Phil Cook
Date: 4 Feb 2008 10:39:39
Message: <op.t50a1lo0c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Mon, 04 Feb 2008 15:27:11 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

>>> [Honestly, no matter how many zombies I killed, there always seemed to
>>> be more of them... Not to mention that killing things with a crowbar
>>> isn't easy. But hey, if you have no ammo left, what else can you do?]
>>  Hmm shotgun for the speedy little sods, grav-gun plus HE barrels
>> (minding you don't hit Alyx) for the others. Don't head for the lift
>> until it's down, then run for it; the speedy ones will get to you
>> anyway and there seems to be more slow-walkers closer to the lift.
>
> I still don't "get" how you can kill anything with a gravity gun.
> [Except yourself, that is.]
>
> Seriously. You point it at a gas cylinder and it picks up a tiny pebble
> 6 feet to the left of the gas cylinder. FTW? It's just so *hopelessly*
> inaccurate. It takes 10 minutes to do anything useful with it - far too
> slow to be of use turing a tense battle scene.

Again I'm on a PS3 so the aiming's tweaked, but yeah it's still a bit too
precise and it's damned annoying that you've just picked up that splinter
of wood and not the buzzsaw blade right next to/beneath it; some sort of
priority system needs to be put in there.

It's also fun to kill the head-crabs with if you want to save ammo don't
want to use the crowbar; takes a couple of hits, bt at least it's a range
weapon.

For a device that's supposed to be used in handling hazardous materials
I've also found it amusing that a) it's difficult to manipulate an object
you're holding i.e. rotate it; and b) that for any object of around
briefcase size it obscures your forward vision.

That was the other annoying thing about the pathetically fragile bombs in
Ep2 pick one up and watch the Strider disappear. 'Aim at the Strider',
'What Strider? All I can see is this bloody bomb in front of my face'.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com