POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Most incomprehensible films ever : Re: Most incomprehensible films ever Server Time
12 Oct 2024 07:13:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most incomprehensible films ever
From: Phil Cook
Date: 8 Jan 2008 04:32:13
Message: <op.t4lt2rv8c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Sun, 06 Jan 2008 18:47:33 -0000, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> did
spake, saying:

> Rune <aut### [at] runevisioncom> wrote:
>> Nice illustration that prejudice can be a useful thing.
>
>> You could go selecting movies to see completely at random and only
>> rarely
>> see one that you actually like, or you can use your best judgment to
>> sort
>> away the ones you think you won't enjoy.
>
>   I have learned to not to judge a book by its cover. Or, in this case,
> a movie.
>
>   I have been surprised in both directions. Movies which I was almost
> certain would be mediocre (but I didn't have anything better to do than
> to watch them) have surprised me for being unexpectedly enjoyable. Also
> many movies which I was rather sure I would like have been
> disappointments.
>
>   It's just not possible to know in advance.

Examine first movie

Does it 'star' Adam Sandler? > Yes > Go to next movie
No

Does it 'star' Vince Vaugn? > Yes > Go to next movie
No

Does it 'star' a singer who has decided
to spread her talents into the medium of film? > Yes > Go to next movie
No

Does the director/producer's wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend
have a prominent starring role > Yes > Go to next movie
No

I'm joking of course; sort of.

--
Phil Cook