POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Most incomprehensible films ever : Re: Most incomprehensible films ever Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:11:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most incomprehensible films ever
From: Phil Cook
Date: 4 Jan 2008 12:02:35
Message: <op.t4ez96tsc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Fri, 04 Jan 2008 16:48:24 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

> Phil Cook wrote:
>
>> Yeah see Andrew, duh it's obviously an allegory for the life cycle. :-P
>
> In seriousness for a moment...
>
> My sister did media studies at school. Apparently she can no longer
> actually enjoy a film without considering an in-depth analysis of the
> plot devices used.
>
> I remember we were watching The Lion King once. [Damn, that film should
> have been really cool... but somehow isn't.] Simba walks to the top of
> pride rock, and you see a split-second clip of some water washing away
> an antilope skull. "That's a representation of the changing equilibrium
> of good and evil" my sister tells me. "...Oh" I said.

Those wacky Disney animators I can imagine them now...

"Okay so Simba is going to walk to the top of Pride Rock, now we need some
sort of visual cue to represent the changing equilibrium of good and evil
- suggestions"
"How about some water washing away an antelope skull?"
"Hmm don't you think that's a bit obvious?"
"Well we are aiming at the 5-10 age bracket"
"True. Okay we'll try that. Now next on the agenda spelling out suggestive
words in clouds of dust..."

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com