POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Company newsletters : Re: Company newsletters Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:22:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Company newsletters
From: Phil Cook
Date: 4 Jan 2008 09:48:11
Message: <op.t4et2fmec3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Fri, 04 Jan 2008 14:07:31 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

> "Six-point tactical initiative

Okay no really just stop right there

> [...]
>
> #6 Continue to enhance shareholder's wealth, creating a secure
> environment for the Company's most valued asset, our people."
>
> Who WRITES this gibberish?!

Who checks it for grammar? Ah well this sort of junk always makes it into
lists though what the hell it's got to do with tactical iniative beats me.
"Okay folks listen up. We're going to take the tactical initiative by
continuing to enhance our shareholder's wealth. Now I know that's been the
policy of this company since it's inception and is the policy of every
other company on the globe, but that just goes to prove how damn important
it is. Now are you with me?"

> Besides, last time I checked, there is no way to control a company's
> share price. [Otherwise somebody somewhere would be very rich!] The
> share price rises and falls essentially at random, vaguely influenced by
> the percieved performance of the company, which is very loosely
> correlated with the *actual* performance of the company. Sure,
> theoretically you can improve the company's performance. But you cannot
> do anything to the share price...

"Company X speculates on take-over of Company Y"
"Company X says new equipment will lead to a four-fold increase in
productivity"

What you think all those puff-pieces on the news/media sections of company
websites were just for show?

> [E.g., if Micro$oft were suddenly facing financial ruin, their share
> price would still be astronomically high, becuase it's "impossible" for
> them to fail.]

Unless any of the major stock-holders started divesting themselves of
large amounts of stock in a hurry.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com