POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? : Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies?
From: Phil Cook
Date: 18 Dec 2007 09:19:55
Message: <op.t3jbfmcec3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:24:39 -0000, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>
did spake, saying:

> Kevin Wampler wrote:
>> I was in Las Vegas during a wind storm couple of months back, and they
>> eventually had to switch the televisions in the sports betting area
>> from digital (some sort of HDTV in this case) to analogue for exactly
>> this reason.
>
> Maybe I'm dense, but I'm not sure I understand what a wind storm has to
> do with whether the TV is broadcast in analog or digital. Was it shaking
> the tower too much or something? Or did it knock down the digital
> antenna? Was the problem at the arena or the broadcaster?

Depends what was causing the storm, or what the storm was composed of. You
should see what happens to my picture when there's lightning on my LOS,
hell even a 'noisey' vehicle going past can cause break-up because of my
range.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com