POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : More poor planning : Re: More poor planning Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:13:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More poor planning
From: Phil Cook
Date: 16 Nov 2007 10:57:33
Message: <op.t1v6iehgc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Fri, 16 Nov 2007 14:45:09 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

> Phil Cook wrote:
>> And lo on Fri, 16 Nov 2007 11:46:50 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull>
>> did spake, saying:
>>
>>> Yeah... These guys don't seem to comprehend that the UK isn't the USA.
>>> When we tell them things like this, they seem to think we're making a
>>> fuss about nothing.
>>  Try http://thepiratebay.org/legal.php for more 'the US is the World'
>> fun.
>
> Wait... In Sweeden it's legal to copy protected works? ._.

No read it again a little more carefully. Think of PirateBay as a Google
for torrents, they don't have the data they just provide links to it which
apparently is perfectly legal there... so far.

>>> Do you have a cite for that?

>> which also refers to weight and is what the currency was originally
>> based on...no :-) Oh and it should be lb for the plural like sheep, so
>> they did get that wrong.
>
> Ooo.. I didn't know that. (About lb being plural.) I'm pretty sure I've
> seen it wrong in a number of places though...

librum/libra

>>> Endlessly. Our accountant spent *months* trying to get them to
>>> reconfigure the software to allow her to do her job properly. They
>>> variously didn't understand what she meant, or thought she was just
>>> being awkward for the sake of causing trouble.
>>  Invite their accountant over to 'show' her how to do her job properly.
>
> Heh. Well, the trouble is, the Big Boys want to control everything, but
> don't want to do any actual *work* and certainly don't want to be held
> *responsible* for anything. They want all the glory when it goes wrong,
> they want to be the control freaks who get to boss everyone around, but
> they're not interested in doing anything helpful...

Phrase it to massage their egos.

>>> You just sumerised the whole CF, right there.
>>  It's a knack,now just COPY* and paste it into an email to HQ.
>>  *Just for you Warp.
>
> Well, I don't know, I don't think even He is omnipresent... ;-)

I think He only gets invoked with the holy and powerful phrase "Cut and
Paste"... we'll see if that works :-)

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com