POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alcohol. : Re: Alcohol. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:18:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alcohol.
From: Phil Cook
Date: 14 Nov 2007 06:46:40
Message: <op.t1r5c5lcc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Tue, 13 Nov 2007 18:01:09 -0000, Jim Henderson
<nos### [at] nospamcom> did spake, saying:

> On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 09:22:33 +0000, Invisible wrote:
>
>> I asked several people what being drunk feels like. Without exception,
>> they all replied with "er... I can't really remember". Sounds like a
>> great way to expend vast sums of money to me! :-.
>
> I really think the "I can't remember" is an excuse - I have been quite
> drunk a few times, but I always remembered (eventually in *one* case)
> what I did.
>
> What's it like?  Well, your balance may go out, and muscles don't work
> quite the way they're supposed to.  Everything feels a bit exaggerated to
> me - when moving, for example, it feels to me like I'm moving a bit
> faster but with a lot less accuracy of movement.  If I try to, I can
> force myself to slow down and concentrate on things, but that takes a
> fair amount of effort.

Not that I get drunk (though looking at the date...), but that's a pretty
fair description from my perspective. Just add talking a lot more then
when I'm sober, something Andrew might testify as not a good thing.

> The next morning, hungover, is not a fun feeling.  I started adding a
> glass of water between beers when I was last in the UK, and that helped a
> lot.  Ibuprofin helps as well.

One of those odd things no hangovers <shrugs>

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com