POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wahahahaha! : Re: Wahahahaha! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:14:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wahahahaha!
From: Phil Cook
Date: 13 Nov 2007 09:32:19
Message: <op.t1qimm0mc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:24:31 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

> Stephen wrote:
>
>> The critical question is, “What is IQ and why so people believe it can
>> be of
>> use?”
>
> Well, it is self-evident that some people are much more intelligent than
> others.

While it is self-evident that some people are more intelligent than
others, it is also self-evident that some people are dumber then others;
what is not commonly understood is that these facts often involves the
same people merely at different times and in different situations.

> IQ is one attempt to measure this in some kind of objective way (with
> varying degrees of success).

Although that simply shifts the question to the next level of "So why are
bothering to measure this?"

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com