POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Surprise! : Re: Surprise! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:45:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Surprise!
From: Phil Cook
Date: 9 Nov 2007 04:04:09
Message: <op.t1iosoi6c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Fri, 09 Nov 2007 00:41:46 -0000, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>

did spake, saying:

> Phil Cook wrote:
>> On a more serious note can anyone explain refraction in terms of

>> particles.
>
> Yes.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/QED-Strange-Princeton-Science-Library/dp/0691125
759/ref=pd_bbs_1
Thanks, though I note one commentator said "The problem is that we never

get an explanation for why the vectors point the way the do, are rotated

just so, etc. Without that it's simply voodoo, and nothing has been

explained." never mind. Amazon UK stocks it, but I'll check out my local

store first.

--

Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com