POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wahahahaha! : Re: Wahahahaha! Server Time
12 Oct 2024 01:14:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wahahahaha!
From: Phil Cook
Date: 7 Nov 2007 05:26:27
Message: <op.t1e27rt4c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Tue, 06 Nov 2007 20:31:46 -0000, Kyle <hob### [at] gatenet> did
spake, saying:

> On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 15:08:23 -0500, Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet>
> wrote:
>
>> Go take a look there:
>>
>> http://www.rinkworks.com/stupid/
>>

> This one actually made me laugh...
>
> The second day I worked doing phone tech support, I was called by an
> elderly woman who was sobbing and panicked. After spending twenty
> minutes getting her calmed down, I finally found out what her
> problem was. She had been on the Internet and recieved the ever-popular
> message "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be
> shut down." Immediately afterward, she had heard police
> sirens down the road and thought, "They're coming to lock me up!"

"This program has tried to do something in a way I don't understand so I'm
going to shut it down" how easy would that have been to use; instead of
illegal this and exception that?

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com