POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Small CSS question : Re: Small CSS question Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:17:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Small CSS question
From: Phil Cook
Date: 7 Nov 2007 05:22:24
Message: <op.t1e200osc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Wed, 07 Nov 2007 09:36:17 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

> Phil Cook wrote:
>> And lo on Tue, 06 Nov 2007 18:21:42 -0000, Orchid XP v7 <voi### [at] devnull>
>> did spake, saying:

<snip>

>>  I'm sure you can get one of the languages you use to do something like
>> that.
>
> Well, that'll work... but surely there's some W3C compliant way of doing
> this transparently without such low-level hacks?

This is a W3C compliant way - HTML+CSS, what's not compliant about it? The
only thing you can moan about is the use of style in a strict.

> (I still don't understand why having a large box inside doesn't cause
> the containing box to enlarge itself...)

It does if you use a block rather then an inline element.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com