POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's Word again : Re: Yet more problems Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet more problems
From: Phil Cook
Date: 22 Nov 2007 10:45:40
Message: <op.t1692id0c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Thu, 22 Nov 2007 15:19:09 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

> Well, I spent ages editing my Normal template to give me just the
> formatting I want.

Which is where you went wrong, you don't fiddle with Normal you create a
new one.

> But then I tried to go edit another document, and every time I touch
> anything, the formatting just goes crazy. Stuff like I ask for a bullet
> list and I get a level 3 heading. (WTF?) And all the margins and
> alignments are all over the place and... basically the more I touch the
> document, the more screwed up it gets. It just randomly changes
> formatting on me.

Because most of the templates are based on Normal.

> Damn, I am *so* glad that using Word isn't my major job function! >_<

If you want to start from scratch save your normal template under a
different name then delete it. When it starts up Word will create a new
untouched Normal.dot template. I'm trying to remember if this will wipe
your dictionary additions or not, as well as any additional menu items you
might have created so be warned.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com