POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's Word again : Re: It's Word again Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's Word again
From: Phil Cook
Date: 21 Nov 2007 10:40:34
Message: <op.t15eztpmc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:02:32 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

> This probably isn't news to you, but... numbered lists seem to be
> spectacularly broken in Word 2003.
>
> I mean, sure, they were always a little quirky in Word 97. But now I've
> upgraded to Word 2003, it seems just downright *broken*. I've got a
> couple of pages, each one with a numbered list on it. And I point-blank
> *cannot* make each such list start counting from 1.

Right click on the item you want to be 1 (and is showing as 5 or whatever)
select Bullets and Numbering then Restart Numbering, if you've got a list
starting from 1 you don't want to then do the same thing but choose
Continue previous list.

However remember if you have two numbered lists and move items from one to
the other it retains the original list's identity, they're linked so:

1. First point first list
2. Second point first list
3. Third point first list

1. First Point second list
2. Second point second list

if you move Second point second list to the 2nd position in the 1st list
you get

1. First point first list
1. Second point second list
2. Second point first list
3. Third point first list

2. First Point second list

IOW Second point second list becomes the 1st point in the 2nd list and
what was the 1st point renumbers itself. So trying to Restart a list
becomes more difficult, if you select Second point second list and
Continue previous list First point second list renumbers to 5. and they
all become 1st list.

Does that make any sense?

--
Phil Cook