POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Good widescreen LCD : Re: Good widescreen LCD Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Good widescreen LCD
From: Phil Cook
Date: 19 Nov 2007 09:58:27
Message: <op.t11nvtyic3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Sun, 18 Nov 2007 00:10:30 -0000, Nicolas Alvarez
<nic### [at] gmailisthebestcom> did spake, saying:

>> What if your vision was blanked for a time (eg. half-second or second)
>> between each successive frame?  How many grey shades could you
>> distinguish reliably?
>
> That wouldn't be a fair test. It's hard for humans to find differences
> between two images (even big differences) if the image blanks for a
> second before showing the other. I saw an example that swapped two
> images with a black screen in between, then did it again without the
> black screen and *then% I could notice the differences.

Look up saccadic masking, our eyes blank out info when they're moving so
you could have two screens with no intermission if they just in different
places relative to a neutral background.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com