POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : More poor planning : Re: More poor planning Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More poor planning
From: Phil Cook
Date: 19 Nov 2007 09:46:00
Message: <op.t11na2qwc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Mon, 19 Nov 2007 12:28:11 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

> scott wrote:
<snip>
> On 24 hours' notice, we found out that some guys were coming over from
> the USA. (Nice of you to give us some notice... We only found out when
> somebody asked "you have got accomodation for next week, right?" "Uh,
> next week??") They spent 5 days importing all the data from Sage into
> Axapta. Then they said "there you go, here's your new software", and
> left. That was "it". Initially, our accounts guys didn't even have
> passwords to get into the system.

Going to be so fun come audit time.

>>  I can assure you that MS Axapta can handle UK and EU VAT
>> perfectly well, as well as printing VAT numbers on invoices and far
>> more complex things.  If you sent them on a training course then they
>> could just ask how to do this and they would be shown...
>
> The last thing I heard on the matter was this:
>
> "There's a UK add-on module that gives you support for VAT and a couple
> of other things. We won't be purchasing it. It's just too expensive."
>
> In other words, "this is only a problem for the UK so we don't really
> care about it". Almost all problems that only affect the UK
> automatically get an extremely low priority.

So what's the bet that despite this someone's actually bought the UK
localisation pack and just hasn't installed it as it's 'not necessary'?

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com