12 Oct 2024 07:14:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Phil Cook
Date: 19 Nov 2007 05:43:57
Message: <op.t11b3oa6c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Sun, 18 Nov 2007 22:17:40 -0000, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> did
spake, saying:

>   Btw, why is it that every time I express my opinion that we should
> respect other people and not make fun of them nor insult them, I get
> strong opposition? This is something that always keeps puzzling me.

Would you respect a footballer's conviction that he needs to tie his laces
in a certain way before a match? How about an OCD's need to flick every
light switch in the room on and off (or off and on) before he can do
anything else? What about some person's conviction that he had to kill 12
rabbits a day.

So at what level would you place religion - footballer, OCD, killer, or
none? What happens if the footballer decides he *has* to tie his laces
this way and no other, the OCD gets violent if anyone interupts their
ritual (and I don't use that term lightly), or the killer moves up to dogs?

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com