POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : new free HDRI : Re: new free HDRI Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:28:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new free HDRI
From: Fredrik Eriksson
Date: 12 May 2005 16:26:57
Message: <op.sqoi7mdbcs6ysw@frogeater.bredbandsbolaget.se>
On Thu, 12 May 2005 19:43:53 +0200, Christoph Hormann
<chr### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> Note i have felt myself the need for a simple hdr to xxx converter (xxx
> being png or ppm - it does not really matter in the end) - combining it
> with your favourite image viewer would allow a quick preview of hdr
> images and it could also be used for conversion tasks.  But i did not
> yet find the time to write one.

Seeing as how I already had a program that could convert HDR <--> OpenEXR,
it was a relatively small task to add rudimentary PNG support. It can read
PNG files with 8 or 16 bits/component, and write PNG files with 16
bits/component. It's a very simple program, so no gamma correction,
exposure control etc.
It is Windows only; I don't want to have to check all of it for
portability. Tested on XP and 98SE.

If anyone is interested, you can find it at:
http://hem.bredband.net/b230591/hdr2exr.zip

--
FE