POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How about a contest....... : Re: How about a contest....... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:22:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How about a contest.......
From: Kyle
Date: 21 Mar 2007 13:17:25
Message: <oms203pnr1q3er2kca39u0fj1mp5tur6hm@4ax.com>
On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:33:40 +0100, "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet>
wrote:

>A couple of years ago, some people did just that in this community, but it
>pettered out fairly rapidly as far as I can remember.

I remember that from back when I first started out with POV-Ray, but I couldn't find
the posts anywhere when I was searching yesterday.  It seems that google does not
crawl the povray.binaries.image
news group.  A little more digging and I've found the series that I was looking for,
possibly the same one you are referring to...

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C427baf44%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=240090&toff=1450

I guess it was called POV-Pong back then.  Too bad that thread didn't continue.  It
looked like it was going to be good.

We should definitely organize something similar.  Jeremy's addition to the idea sounds
promising as well.

Kyle