POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Heightfield bug (most probably an inverted normals problem) : Re: More info (Was: Heightfield bug (most probably an inverted normals problem)) Server Time
26 Apr 2024 14:41:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More info (Was: Heightfield bug (most probably an inverted normals problem))
Date: 24 Jan 2002 07:38:31
Message: <okvv4ucbip7ueqvvu8givmftcp4745cq9i@4ax.com>
On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 14:21:17 +0200, Peter Popov <pet### [at] vipbg> wrote:
> > I can be completly offtopic but could be normal determined by order of vertices
> > in triangle?
>
> Then the renderer would have to trust that the order is correct

not exactly
I proposed this becouse I always generate meshes from triangles builded in one
direction (ok, almost always). I helps me a lot in generating smooth normals.
Old behaviour could be supported just with #version 3.1; afaik there is no
export utylity for 3.5 so I suppose all utilities adds #version to exported
scripts.

> In any case the user shouldn't be doing the renderer's job.

But renderer can't decide as I understand.

ABX