POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : image function : Re: image function Server Time
18 May 2024 13:35:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: image function
Date: 25 Feb 2002 09:00:41
Message: <okfk7ugt7ongm9nija9r41f92gdrp84eg2@4ax.com>
On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:38:31 +0100, "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde>
wrote:
> The function will still have to be called a lot.  Further, it is extremely
> simple to just write a function like this and get any supersampling effect you
> want with much more flexibility and about the same speed:
>
>  (foo(u+fdelta,v+fdelta) + foo(u-fdelta,v+fdelta) + foo(u,v)*4 +
>   foo(u+fdelta,v-fdelta) + foo(u-fdelta,v-fdelta)) / 8}

I think you took my posts wrong way.
I didn't requested it is necessary to implement AA to image function so no
need to show me workarounds (note I wrote proximity/blur macro i
text.scene-files as example how such thing could look). I only pointed that
subsampling has sense and showing above code you proved this imo.

ABX