POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Web gallery test : Re: Web gallery test Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:11:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Web gallery test
From: Stephen
Date: 10 Jan 2008 10:59:45
Message: <okfco3tfcv5jjs2h209j8tak8cm4gedojh@4ax.com>
On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 15:21:18 +0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>> Who is the most important person at your site - YOU.
>
>Um... no, technically it's the people who sit in the lab and actually
>generate income. Everybody else is auxhilery to them, technically.

There's your problem (or at least one of them :) you believe that. You are the
most important person to you and you are working to earn your own living and not
just to keep the company going.

>> Who will get no respect if they look as if they are working on an Oxfam hand me
>> down - YOU.
>
>Heh. I'm the youngest person here. And I'm a computer nerd. I get no
>respect anyway. ;-)

That is because you've got a crap monitor

>> Who is responsible for supplying equipment fit for purpose - THEM.
>
>They don't seem to take that too seriously. [Although in the last few
>days, it seems somebody has twisted the arm of the director of finance
>to get more new PCs into the UK. Pitty they are all coming from Dell...]

Don't bitch about that, rejoice you're getting more hardware.

>> If I were Cute Girl, I wouldn't be seen dead talking to someone who has a
>> monitor as bad as you describe.
>
>LOL! If you were Cute QA Girl, then... damn... we'd be making out right
>now! :-D Cos she's quite hot...

But am I?

>> I hope that you don't think that I'm getting at you but this is your first job
>> and you seem not to know what is expected of you. Personally I think that your
>> company are taking a loan of you. You are worth more than you are getting.
>
>Benny said something similar. Apparently his son earns more than me by
>stacking shelves at Tesco. Oh well...

You're letting the side down then. And I bet Benny's son has more chance of a
night out than you do.

If you are not going to get money get a better working environment, you are
important, you know.

Regards
	Stephen