POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Upgrade [Drool] : Re: Upgrade [Drool] Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Upgrade [Drool]
From: Kyle
Date: 1 Oct 2008 08:26:25
Message: <oiq6e4lvjk6k93hsvoilrq5cqn3l5drc3l@4ax.com>
On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 20:37:58 -0500, Mueen Nawaz <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote:

>	If you ever want 3D functionality in Linux, then be *very* careful
>about your video card selections.

That's one of the things that has now led me away from the ATI cards.  The same can be
said for OpenGL support, ATI has not done it well.  Plus, their Windows drivers are
now very bloated, I think due
to them being converted over to the .NET platform.

I haven't used an NVIDIA card personally, but have read good reviews regarding their
Linux and OpenGL support.  What about their Windows drivers?  Are they as bloated as
the ATI drivers?