POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : attn: pov programmers : Re: attn: pov programmers Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:42:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: attn: pov programmers
From: Peter Popov
Date: 21 Jul 2000 18:45:19
Message: <oekhnsoi34b01gdrfqts0f6a3e76lfmps7@4ax.com>
On 21 Jul 2000 08:54:10 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>  My point was that it doesn't matter what is the direction of the ray
>(from the camera, from infinity or wherever), it will always take the same
>amount of work to test the intersections.

Not so. If you look for the intersection furthest from the camera and
shoot the rays from the camera, the renderer will have to find all
intersections (slow). If you shoot them towards the camera, then the
first intersection found is the one you need (fast).

>  And besides, I myself mentioned the bounding boxes somewhere :)

We know you know :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet