POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Commercial stuff with PovRAY? : Re: Commercial stuff with PovRAY? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:12:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Commercial stuff with PovRAY?
From: Jurica Lovakovic
Date: 11 Aug 2004 08:09:27
Message: <ode2109yy0jn.3iadxp67qrpp.dlg@40tude.net>
On 11 Aug 2004 07:55:13 -0400, Rafal 'Raf256' Maj wrote:

> I am using it as free drawing library, to create GUI for application for
> example - something wrong with that? I thought that is one of purposes of
> Pov-RAY, other are using it for creating games graphics etc, etc...

Using it to create graphics which are to be used in commercial projects is
one thing, using it as (quite significant) part of your commercial software
is another thing.

This is clearly stated in POV-Ray's End-user License:

"... the User is permitted to use the Software in a profit-making
enterprise, provided such profit arises primarily from use of the Software
and not from distribution of the Software or a work including the Software
in whole or part."

--
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.