POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV 3.5?? : Re: POV 3.5?? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 3.5??
From: Mike Williams
Date: 7 Aug 2001 13:58:25
Message: <oL$xPCAWk5b7EwYK@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Warp who wrote:
>Rick [Kitty5] <ric### [at] kitty5com> wrote:
>:> I think that goes against the Law of Computing Entomology - 'There's
>:> always one more bug'
>
>: exactly my point - even if you fix the last bug - your fix creates 2 news
>: ones.
>
>  That makes a good joke, but I don't think it works that way in reality.

I've certainly known programmers like that.

When I was a junior programmer (long time ago) I once worked under a
senior programmer who had a habit of slapping in a couple of final bug
fixes at the end of "final testing" just before the software was due to
be shipped to the customer. On a couple of occasions this resulted in
the customers receiving software that was completely non-functional.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure