POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV and alpha channel : Re: POV and alpha channel Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:18:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV and alpha channel
From: Peter Popov
Date: 9 Dec 1999 17:23:32
Message: <oCpQOGIVlzZBcLgmBwlFsSHRKap1@4ax.com>
On Thu, 09 Dec 1999 09:22:47 -0500, Steve Martin <sma### [at] usitnet>
wrote:

>Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Nothing. POV treats alpha channels in the exact opposite manner to
what paint programs do. A POV generated image with an alpha channel
will work perfectly in POV but to use it properly in a paint program
you'll have to invert the alpha channel.

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700