POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Making VCDs? : Re: Making VCDs? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 12:53:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making VCDs?
From: Scott
Date: 20 Nov 2002 06:30:17
Message: <o9smtucl0e4b6c4avfmpbtfrcf7ac3ttq5@4ax.com>
On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 00:59:05 -0500, Dick Balaska <dik### [at] buckosoftcom>
wrote:

>Hiho
>
>I wonder if anyone here has made a VCD.  I can't get mine to work.
>I've tried two programs InstantVideo and VCDEasy to burn the disks.
>I've tried VCD1.0 VCD1.1 and VCD2 (so, six coasters).
>I have two consumer decks; a 3 year old Sony DVP-S550D with a sticker that
>sez VideoCD on it.  The APEX's manual sez it supports VCD 1.1 and VCD 2.
>
>In any event, when i put a disc in either unit, i hear some disc scraping
>noises and then the useful message "No disc".

Check out www.vcdhelp.com and look for your players in the DVD Players
section. These contain findings from other users about what does or
doesn't play on them. Looking at your Sony player it seems that CD-R
is not supported - try using CD-RW (DVD players tend to like CD-RW
more than CD-R).

Cheers,

Scott