POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announce: Illusion.inc released : Re: Announce: Illusion.inc released Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:19:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: Illusion.inc released
From: Peter Popov
Date: 19 Oct 1999 17:19:54
Message: <o98MOB1qFJwylQajCoxrLtsvEDRV@4ax.com>
On 19 Oct 1999 04:36:14 -0400, Nieminen Juha
<war### [at] punarastascstutfi> wrote:

>  That's the reason why no-one should use frames. They really cause more
>trouble than are handy. Seriously.

ditto

>  If I'm not completely wrong, it seems to be a trend to avoid frames in
>the WWW nowadays (a couple of years ago the trend was completely the opposite).
>That's very positive. Let's hope I'm right.

You are wright again.

>  The usual way to make the same functionality is using tables. They usually
>are a lot more harmless if used correctly.

I avoid frames, too, however in my current project I need a) variable
height fields and b) scrolling the contents of a field. This can not
be done with tables at the moment. I agree, though, that frames whould
be used as a last resort.

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700