POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Shopping for TVs : Re: Shopping for TVs Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:22:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shopping for TVs
From: Stephen
Date: 3 Dec 2008 17:18:41
Message: <o51ej45haea2lb2h8mcjev9qag1he03vlc@4ax.com>
On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 00:12:18 +0200, "Gail" <gail (at) sql in the wild (dot) co
[dot] za> wrote:

>"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote in message
>
>> I suppose you don't really want a sword to be razor sharp. It could get
>> stuck if
>> used in anger.
>
>Nah. If it's to be used, the sharper the better.

I didn't want to be too gruesome as the children are still up. But my
understanding is if the blade is sharp enough it can get jammed in major bones
also against European type armour it can stick.

>Local laws - if it's sharp it's a weapon. If it's blunted, it's an ornament

Ochone! I'll be just telling O'Neill that his shillelagh is a bit of a joke
where you come from. If that's ok wit you? :)

>> A clean cut through polystyrene is impressive. I've cut up polystyrene
>> blocks
>> with a knife and it takes a lot of force and the blade mostly sticks.
>
>Admittedly, that was with a full strike from above my head

A cut and not smashing it to smithereens?
I'm still impressed.
--

Regards
     Stephen