POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Questions about panoramic cameras and other stuff. : Re: Questions about panoramic cameras and other stuff. Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:23:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Questions about panoramic cameras and other stuff.
From: Peter Popov
Date: 4 Aug 2002 02:45:33
Message: <o4jpku4vjp1g53dpcporo5lonr58pa4406@4ax.com>
On Sat,  3 Aug 2002 21:41:04 EDT, "Mike" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

>Thanks everyone for the camera help.
>
>I've given up on the panoramic camera though. No matter what I set angle to
>I get identical results. I guess it's just me.  :(

Here's an example using the #version work around:

#version 3.1;

camera {
  location -20*z
  look_at 0
  angle 20
  orthographic
}

#version 3.5;

It should work exactly as it did in POV-Ray 3.1.

If you don't want to do this, please re-read section 6.4.2.2 of the
manual, specifically this paragraph:

> If, in a perspective camera, you replace the perspective keyword by
> orthographic and leave all other parameters the same, you'll get an
> orthographic view with the same image area, i.e. the size of the image is
> the same. The same can be achieved by adding the angle keyword to an
> orthographic camera. A value for the angle is optional. So this second mode
> is active if no up and right are within the camera statement, or when the
> angle keyword is within the camera statement.

Hope this helps.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg