POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Known bugs 9 Mar 2002 : Re: Known bugs 9 Mar 2002 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:30:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Known bugs 9 Mar 2002
Date: 13 Mar 2002 08:47:22
Message: <nvku8u8a5cmcg9c2m11hmhn3sepa4o6403@4ax.com>
On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:26:36 +0100, "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde>
wrote:
> Because a long time ago it was explained that this isn't a problem but a user
> error which is only visible when using vista buffers.

But I have reached exactly opposite effect.
Look, I used simple camera specification:
  camera{orthographic}
What this means ? According to defaults in documentation:
  direction   : <0,0,1>
  location    : <0,0,0>
  3d lower corner of projection : <-.665,-.5,1>
  3d upper corner of projection : <.665,.5,1>
Then I put sphere_sweeps with all nodes in <0,0,0><1,1,1> range
So they are all between location of camera and projection plane.
Warp said : "with orthographic camera the rays
don't start from the camera location but from the projection plane".
So in this case my sphere_sweeps shoud be invisible. But they are visible when
number of instances is lower then 3 or when -UV is applied.
Perhaps it is another bug not related to this user error, is it ?
My source (I hope not long to much) were posted at:
http://news.povray.org/r6hk7usts1qgik8fiohe5r4gvb937hnj9e%404ax.com

ABX