POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spherical Isosurface + HieghtMap : Re: Spherical Isosurface + HieghtMap Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:19:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spherical Isosurface + HieghtMap
Date: 25 Mar 2002 13:34:58
Message: <nuqu9u4rd9arf7qemfed5nkurhoabb7ogl@4ax.com>
On Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:27:48 -0500, "Corey Woodworth" <cdw### [at] mpinetnet>
wrote:
> I know I can save it but I'm still testing different values.

Values of what ? Resoultion of mesh ? Consider that image_map base on image so
it has some highest limit of resolution.

> Also the isosurface would be alot  more accurate

and much slower, and so much memory optimized when copied, and gradient
sensitive (note I'm advocate of functions/isosurfaces)

> since it is a REAL sphere and it uses all the pixels

AFAIK shape showed in your source at begining of this thread isn't spherical
heigh field, only container is sphere

ABX