POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tchaikovsky : Re: Tchaikovsky Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tchaikovsky
From: Stephen
Date: 3 Oct 2009 05:19:17
Message: <nu4ec55vel8vb62aammj1andm3cq3ca4qg@4ax.com>
On Fri, 02 Oct 2009 13:42:12 -0700, Kevin Wampler <wam### [at] uwashingtonedu>
wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>> No I spent many hours listening to it in my youth. :D
>
>And you say you don't like avant-garde music :-)

Where? What? When?

I didn't say that at least I don't think I did. I tend to split up my musical
tastes into eras that are quite distinct. In the 60's I liked pop music and folk
music (Scottish and Irish) in the 70's Rock, Blues and Psychedelia. The 80's say
me being corrupted with Classical and Opera. I seldom listen to my earlier
likes.

>> How about "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun"?
>
>I have heard this one (and quite like it).  I really should get a few
>more Pink Floyd albums though, it's just that there's already so much
>music in my queue to buy.

How true :)

>I'm always impressed by how little their sound has aged over the years.
>  Most bands who have stuff that old have a pretty "dated" sound to me
>now, but somehow Pink Floyd manages to still manages to sound like it
>could have been made recently.

I agree they were so "off the wall" they were in a universe of their own.
--

Regards
     Stephen