POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : speed up isosurface : Re: speed up isosurface Server Time
3 Aug 2024 04:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: speed up isosurface
From: ABX
Date: 4 May 2004 13:04:17
Message: <nmif90dtbtal3n49ta487mcpdolvjhabtp@4ax.com>
On 4 May 2004 12:48:20 -0400, "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <spa### [at] raf256com> wrote:
> > is that first step: tessellating isosurfaces reliably is hard, and many
> > of the algorithms are tied up in patents.
>
> Oh, f*ck

Please, do not use that word here, even with "*". Thanks in advance.

Idea of patents is not limited to USA. http://www.uprp.pl/

> if this pattent madness continues

What's wrong in patenting intelectual property in general ?
If somebody has discovered something and he spend years for studying math to
achive it, why he can't get reward for those years of studying?
I understand that's inconvenient from our point of view, but also I understand
purpose of the patents.

> soon all programs will be
> in normal "non-usa" version, and in version without half of features.

So, you like globalisation, I like diversity ;-)

Follow-up set.

ABX