POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : attn: pov programmers : Re: attn: pov programmers Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:40:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: attn: pov programmers
From: Peter Popov
Date: 18 Jul 2000 17:59:46
Message: <nlk9nssq1go4n0orbdvjibfueus7joi5qg@4ax.com>
On 18 Jul 2000 05:56:22 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>Peter Popov <pet### [at] usanet> wrote:
>: Because the rendered would have to find all intersections for every
>: object.

>  But that's what it currently does.

Are you sure? I thought it only did so for CSG.

>  How can it know which one of the intersections is the closest one if it
>didn't?

Dunno... I think I recall Pascal Massimino explaining how he finds the
first intersection with a julia and stops there. I think I also recall
seeing something like this for other objects in the source code. This
was over a year ago though, so I might be wrong here.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet