POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Irony : Re: Irony Server Time
8 Sep 2024 01:18:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Irony
From: Stephen
Date: 24 Apr 2008 12:52:24
Message: <nle114921rqjvb6fsqcp77o78ofjb67i7v@4ax.com>
On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:43:26 -0700, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>
wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>> I think what she is saying is that people who are born into a
>> "privilege" don't see that the "privilege" is a privilege and don't
>> take it into account when dealing with people who were not born with
>> that "privilege".
>
>I think calling it a "privilege" is disingeuous myself. Almost all the
>stuff she talks about being a "privilege" is stuff that a politician
>would call "rights".  It's not a "privilege" to be treated fairly by the
>courts, or to be allowed to live without being hassled by your
>neighbors, or to avoid being beat up for no reason when you walk down
>the street.
>
>The idea that you'd want to take these "privileges" away from someone in
>order to be "more fair" is absurd in my mind.

Sorry Darren, I didn't mean to start it up again :)

If you had the right to sleep with a bride before her wedding. Do you
not think it "fairer" for that right to be taken away than for
everyone to be given that right?
--

Regards
     Stephen