POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 8 Years : Re: 8 Years Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 8 Years
From: Stephen
Date: 13 Sep 2009 11:56:20
Message: <ng5qa5pn6vc4g20cttuhbde06lqv31ldrn@4ax.com>
On 12 Sep 2009 17:53:50 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>Stephen <mcavoysAT@aoldotcom> wrote:
>> Here in the UK, although there is trouble with hot heads on both sides. We
>> basically have a tolerant attitude but draw the line at Sharia Law
>
>  Really? I thought there are Sharia courts in the UK right now. Check for
>example:
>
>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1055764/Islamic-sharia-courts-Britain-legally-binding.html

So the Daily Mail would have us believe. (Can you guess the demography of their
readers?)
As Darren says, it is arbitration with probably a lot of pressure from the local
community. I don't think that we will see different communities having separate
laws in England and Wales, in my lifetime. I make the distinction because
Scotland and Northern Ireland have their own legal systems.
--

Regards
     Stephen