POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New news interface (beta) : Re: New news interface (beta) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:23:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New news interface (beta)
From: Peter Popov
Date: 15 Aug 2001 16:43:34
Message: <nfmlnt4j2d2nsp1lrtm4ql83mk7pdclhjs@4ax.com>
On 14 Aug 2001 18:47:34 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>  There is a surprisingly HUGE amount of people out there, to whom
>internet=WWW, nothing more, nothing less. They have never heard of
>anything else than WWW, and they think that WWW is the only thing there is.

A client wanted to cancel the contract we had for his company's site
because he claimed he couldn't use the mailbox that came in the web
hosting package. It turned out that the poor guy was so spoiled by the
whole Windows Explorer/IE and Hotmail/OE mess that he had absolutely
no idea these things were different. He thought he had to go to a site
to use e-mail, as in Hotmail, and he was trying to send messages from
his account by going to the site that I made and clicking on the
mailto: link... As I said, he had things messed up pretty badly :)

<voide character="BOFH">
    Luser!
</voice>

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700