POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : There comes a time... : Re: There comes a time... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: There comes a time...
From: Stephen
Date: 6 Feb 2008 09:36:15
Message: <nehjq3l0fanrkictp6dmfkiqgtnpjm5836@4ax.com>
On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 14:12:01 +0000, Bill Pragnell <bil### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

>Are you sure it wasn't you who threw the screwdriver across the room?
>;-) I know I would have!

It might have been, it was over 30 years go. I do remember I bounced it off the
terminals and it bounced back a lot further than I expected and left my hand. It
was lucky that no one was standing behind me at the time. Now I take into
account what my reactions might be if something like that happens.
Reactions can be hard to control. When you are working with electricity you
expect shocks and are quick to move. But sometimes it is better not to move as
you could be putting yourself into danger say by moving it against other live
terminals or ripping the skin off on sharp objects. One rule is to always be
insulated from the ground and another rule is to keep one hand in your pocket.
Never hold onto the side of an enclosure for balance don't let the electricity
escape to ground through your body especially if the path could be across your
heart. Also be aware of the differences between AC and DC. AC throws you off DC
can make you grab hold.
One other word of wisdom. Don't urinate on a sub-power station or transformer.
(It was been done.)

Regards
	Stephen