POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Weeeeeeee! : Re: Weeeeeeee! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:23:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Weeeeeeee!
From: Stephen
Date: 16 Aug 2008 05:46:32
Message: <nd8da4l5njhmt1djd2p6hbcjbsaj8k6und@4ax.com>
On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 09:53:26 +0100, Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>Well let me see now. At college, there were 0 girls in the class. At
>uni, there was 80 males and 3 females. And most of them went into
>service or support. All of the programming lectures had 0 females. As
>far as I can tell, the entire Haskell mailing list has 1 female on it,
>and several dozen males. Need I continue?

As you know, you need to get out of your present job and into the modern world.
I'll admit men predominate in technical jobs but it is not exclusive. Even here
in the geeky world of PovRay there are a few women who post regularly. So there
must be lots who don't. From my personal experience I've worked with at least a
dozen programmers who are women. Not to mention engineers and consultants.
--

Regards
     Stephen