POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Current trends : Re: Current trends Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Current trends
From: Stephen
Date: 26 Jan 2009 09:50:14
Message: <ncjrn45k0l9p7ahlnii5lv67eunpafggi7@4ax.com>
On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 14:57:21 +0100, "scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:

>> Not nearly as hot as thermite, but it can be (and is) used to start a
>> thermite reaction.
>
>But did you ever try to light a piece of Magnesium?

But have you ever tried to put burning magnesium out?

I remember from a fire fighting course I was on when I worked offshore that
there is a technique for doing it. You have to pour copious amounts of water on
it very slowly. Not use the normal jet from a fire hose or you have a very
spread out fire. :)
--

Regards
     Stephen