POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : (vector) sum of two objects : Re: (vector) sum of two objects Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:22:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (vector) sum of two objects
From: ABX
Date: 28 Apr 2003 02:19:32
Message: <nahpav41nl0hkk6gvto0tkoq0381td0uvp@4ax.com>
On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 16:14:00 -0400, Christopher James Huff
<cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> > If your set are "contignous" subsets of 3D space and you can express that set
> > with some function where for elements (coordinates) from set this functions
> > gives negative value then you can use isosurface{} object. parametric{} object
> > can be also in area of your interest.
>
> I don't see how you could do this...it wouldn't be the same as the sum
> of the functions.

Where I said I mean sum of functions? Where I said I mean any sum ?
For the opinion "Converting arbitrary point sets into meshes or surfaces is a
difficult task" I replaied that isosurface can be considered as set of points
where desription of set is a given function. Of course the difficult part is
finding that function for given set which is another task. I just wanted point
out that isosurface can be a tool in mentioned "conversion".

ABX