POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Questions/problems with scaling textures on shapes ... : Re: Questions/problems with scaling textures on shapes ... Server Time
4 May 2024 22:08:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Questions/problems with scaling textures on shapes ...
From: Stephen McAvoy
Date: 5 Dec 2004 09:43:04
Message: <na76r093vhq7gml1u9rs3h46fi3ol7dfmq@4ax.com>
On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 22:20:35 -0600, "Neil Kolban" <kol### [at] kolbancom>
wrote:

>Any help appreciated.
>
>Neil
I don't think you can do what you want to do, if I understand you
correctly. (It was a bit hard to read your question as it was all on
two lines) BTW I am not renowened for my textures :-(
Once you have the correct scaling of your material and apply it to
your object the material will be scaled along with your object or
group.
Here is something that might give you more of an insight.
Copy group C and place it below it. Change the "Space" to "world" then
move the new group on the X axis. Note how the texture does not move
with the object.
I think you will need different textures for the different scaled
groups.

Regards
        Stephen