POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Assemble Partial Output : Re: Assemble Partial Output Server Time
3 May 2024 03:37:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Assemble Partial Output
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 22 Oct 2003 11:02:02
Message: <n7ii61-jsh.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> In fact I realise that I was talking about a more general situation, where
> just a part of the image (like +sr0.536 +er0.7863 +sc0.456 +ec0.86) is
> rendered to be inserted at the corresponding spot in the entire image (when
> re-rendering a detail for instance). I'm under the impression that the exact
> position of the rendered zone isn't kept in the image file (but I could be
> wrong of course).

The offset (i.e. +sr/+sc different from 0) is stored in tga files and
png files if PNG_READ_oFFs_SUPPORTED is defined (default is not AFAIK).
  Of course paint program do not usually read them.

> The ability to re-render a selected zone on the top of an
> already rendered image (instead of replacing it) could be an interesting
> feature btw.

In fact i implemented such a feature for my planet renders
(http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~y0013390/pov/planets.html).  It is a
lousy hack though.

I first render a black/white mask to define which pixels are rendered
and which are taken from the old image and then render the scene with
this mask as an additional parameter.  The patch only works with ppm
output and tga for the mask IIRC and antialiasing is probably not
handled correctly.

Christoph

Last updated 2 Sep. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______