POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Shortest Code Contest, Round Two, display and voting page : Re: Shortest Code Contest, Round Two, display and voting page Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:24:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shortest Code Contest, Round Two, display and voting page
Date: 3 Jul 2002 01:57:46
Message: <n745iu0famk2im741ntethqccuehme639s@4ax.com>
On 2 Jul 2002 15:18:32 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Greg M. Johnson <gregj;-)565### [at] aolco:-(m> wrote:
> > . . .  is now open.
> > http://10best.raytrace.com/short2/shortvote2.html
>
>   Would it be possible that next time you could use some smarter program
> to reduce the size of the images (for the thumbnails)? It looks like the
> program you used reduced the images simply by dropping rows and columns
> of pixels, which is not really nice.
>   The images with most little details suffer the most from this. They end
> up looking like random noise.

You are right. I missed this during conversion. I had no scope on thubnail
smoothing since I had already set Lanczos filter in my IrfanView. Looks like
batch converting in IrfanView has no setup for resize filter so I assume it
should get the same as for normal converting. But it doasn't. Greg I will
upload zip with correct thubnails after ten minutes at the same place as
previously.

ABX